Serrano Law Firm, LLC

Call and Speak to a Person, Not a Machine

Connecticut Personal Injury & Accident Lawyer Blog

860 236-9350  ▪  800 856-6400

690 Flatbush Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06110-1308

27 Holmes Avenue, Waterbury, CT  203 756-6100




Attorney John Serrano
Personal Injury Accidents
Criminal Law & DUI
Divorce & Family Law
Real Estate
Social Security Disability
Waterbury Law Office
Our Staff
Portuguese Pages
Spanish Pages
Site Map

690 Flatbush Avenue West Hartford, CT  06110-1308

860 236-9350             800 856-6400  toll free     860 523-9101  fax

27 Holmes Avenue Downtown Waterbury 203 756-6100


Hartford Immigration Attorney. Fiancee Visa. Fiancee Immigration Law. Naturalization.  Marriage Immigration Services. Green Card. Visas.

Fiancee Visa Immigration Petitions

    Under immigration law, a U.S. citizen may file a petition to have his or her fiancee enter the U.S. to be married.  After the immigration petition is approved, the fiancee obtains a visa from the U.S. Embassy or consulate. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancee’s entry into the U.S. or the fiancee will be required to leave.  This 90-day admission may not be extended.

    As an immigration attorney, I advise against having the fiancee enter the U.S. on a tourist or other type of visa and then marry because the immigration service may consider the visa to have been fraudulently obtained if the fiancee's real purpose for coming to the U.S. was to be married.  Under immigration law, this situation could result in a subsequent marriage immigration petition being denied by the immigration service even though the marriage is a true marriage (not just for immigration green card purposes.)

    To be eligible for a fiancee visa, the U.S. citizen and the fiancee must have met in person during the 2 years before the petition is approved unless doing so would violate established religious or cultural customs or would create extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen.  A fiancee’s unmarried children  under age 21 may accompany him or her to the U.S. on the fiancee visa.

    After the marriage, the finacee (and his or her children) may remain in the U.S. and apply to the immigration service for permanent residency (a green card).

When You Need a Connecticut Immigration Lawyer,

Rely on Us for Skill, Determination and Experience.



Hartford Immigration Attorney

Waterbury Immigration Attorney

New Haven Immigration Attorney

Connecticut Immigration Attorney

Marriage ImmigrationMarriage Immigration - USA Immigration - Immigration Green Card  

Spanish - Hablamos Espanol  CT Inmigracion Abogados - Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut Hartford Immigration Abogados Naturalization - Waterbury, New Haven

Portuguese - Falamos Portugues CT Social Security Disability Advogados - Hartford, Waterbury Brasil (Brazil) - Advogados Immigration Hartford, Waterbury, Danbury



Attorney John Serrano - Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Divorce, Bankruptcy, Immigration, Workers Compensation.  Hartford, Waterbury

Please note that our law firm's website is designed to provide only general legal information.

This information is not intended to be legal advice for your individual situation.

Call us for personal injury, Social Security, divorce, bankruptcy, immigration, workers compensation and criminal cases.

Portuguese  Falamos Portugues - Advogados, Hartford, Waterbury  Brasil (Brazil) - Advogados Hartford, Waterbury, Danbury      Spanish  Puerto Rico - Se Habla Espanol - Abogados Hartford, Waterbury  Peru - Hartford Abogados de Inmigracion  Mexico - Connecticut Abogados Hartford, Waterbury

Attorney John Serrano